This meatballs are great for a dinner party, a light lunch or picnics.
Makes 18 small meatballs
- 500 grams organic mince (I prefer beef or lamb)
- 70g cranberries, cut into small bits
- 1 bread roll (from the day before)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 medium sized shallot
- 50g bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons good quality frying oil
- Peel and cut the onion in small pieces and fry with a bit of oil in a small frying pan and leave to cool down.
- Soak the bread roll in water until soft. Squeeze the roll and add to the mince.
- Add the cranberries, onion pieces, egg, spices, lemon zest, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Use wet hands and form approx. 18 small meatballs and place them on a plate.
- Leave the meatballs 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Using a large frying pan and fry the meatballs gently in 2-3 tablespoons of oil.
- Serve warm or cold with some mustard or ketchup.