This meatballs are great for a dinner party or a light lunch.
Makes 18 small meatballs
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 70g salted pistacchios, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1 bread roll
- 1 tablespoon Ras el hanout (spice mix from North Africa)
- 1 medium sized shallot
- 50g bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons good quality frying oil
- Chop two chicken breast in small cubes and make mince using a meat mincer.
- Peel and cut the onion in small pieces and fry with a bit of oil in a small frying pan and leave to cool down.
- Soak the bread roll in water until soft. Squeeze the roll and add to the chicken mince.
- Add the pistacchios, onion, egg, spices, lemon zest, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Use wet hands and form approx. 18 small meatballs and place them on a plate.
- Leave the meatballs 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Using a large frying pan and fry the meatballs gently in 2-3 tablespoons of oil.
- Serve warm or cold with some sliced lemon.