This salad shows that strawberries can be combined with savoury flavours.
Makes 2 - 4 servings
- 400 grams wild herb salad, washed
- 10 edible flowers (e. g. nasturtium, daisies, cornflowers)
- 300 gramm green asparagus, cleaned and ends cut off
- 150 grams strawberries, washed and pits taken off
- 1 tablespoon salt (for boiling)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsam vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine oil, vinegar, agave nectar, sea salt and pepper to a smooth dressing and put to the side.
- Bring water in a pan to boil, add salt. Then add the asparagus and cook on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until al dente.
- Take the asparagus out of the water and put into cold water so it keeps its nice green colour. Cut into 4 cm long pieces.
- Cut the strawberrries into not too thin slices.
- Arrange salad leaves, asparagus pieces, flowers and the strawberries slices onto plates.
- Pour the dressing using a tablespoon gently over the salad. Enjoy!