Hummus is really nourish and great with freshly baked bread.
Makes 5-6 servings
- 1 glass chickpeas (350g)
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- sea salt to taste
- pinch of cumin
- 10 chilli threads (for decoration)
- Drain the chickpeas and save the water in a mug.
- Blend the chickpeas in with a blender or food processor. When too solid add some of the saved water.
- In another bowl mix the lemon juice, tahini, cumin, olive oil and salt.
- Mix into the mashed up chickpeas and stir well.
- Leave covered in the fridge to cool for an hour.
- Enjoy on its own or with some warm bread.