The first time I ate this bread in Sardinia. This tasty and crispy bread is great for sharing.
Makes 8-10 flat breads
- 500 grams flour (type 500)
- 1/2 cube fresh yeast
- 300 ml lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil (for the dough)
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil (for brushing)
- sea salt for sprinkle
- Sieve the flour in a large bowl.
- Dissolve the yeast in a cup with 50 ml lukewarm water and add to the flour.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave for 15 minutes until you see small bubbles.
- Add the rest of the lukewarm water to the mixture and knead the dough until its soft.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Leave the dough still covered with a tea towel to rest for another 20 minutes.
- Then cut the dough in 8-10 pieces and make little balls.
- Roll out each ball after on another, brush with some olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt.
- Bake individually for approx. 8 - 10 minutes until golden brown.