Make 4-6 servings
- 400 grams celeriac, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1 parsnips, peeles and cut in small pieces
- 1 leek, peeled and cut in small rings
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in fine pieces
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 2 pears, cored, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 200 ml single cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50 gramms toasted almonds (optional)
- In a large saucepan add the olive oil and gently fry the onion.
- Add celeriac, carrots, parnips, leek and sauté for 5 minutes before adding the pears and apples.
- Mix with the vegetable stock and let it simmer for 10 minutes until all is tender.
- Blend to a creamy soup using a food processor. For a creamier result strain soup mixture through a sieve.
- Add cream and gently mix again before adding salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small pan gently toast the almonds.
- Serve the hot soup in bowls and add the toasted almonds.